Transformation Playground is a trauma-informed pathway of evolutionary embodiment, grounding in the the following principles:
- Our bodies are our most intimate connection with nature.
- Our hearts connect us with our emotions, including both our human vulnerability and a portal to compassion and love.
- Our minds can be cultivated to intentionally focus our attention and enhance our awareness. With openness to learning, we expand our capacity to align our minds, heart, and bodies, and empower ourselves to respond and create.
- A felt sense of spaciousness grows as we practice embodied presence.
- Everything is relational. Connection is our natural state, and connecting with ourselves and others is a fundamental human need. Children wire themselves in relation to their environment, adapting survival strategies which can be unlearned in trauma-informed, healing-centered relational spaces.
- Our individual, ancestral, and collective history encodes us with resilience and unique gifts, as well as difficulties and traumas we inherited which impact each of us and the systems we live within.
- As we tap into life's innate capacity for healing, we can resolve trauma, experience post-traumatic growth and restore past unfinished business into a felt sense of wholeness and freedom. The journey may begin at an individual level, and since we are inter-connected it is also a relational, group, and collective process.
- Through stillness, openness to possibility, or connection with the divine, insights emerge which we can welcome and live into being.
“There's what is, and there's what we do to ourselves with what is.”
― Laurence Heller