Ways Transformation Playground Coaching differs from other methods:
- We emphasize personal integrity in all of the techniques that we teach. Whether at home or in business, we help partners learn to tell the truth to each other. When a person is hiding some truth, he or she will tend to complain about a relationship issue. Misunderstandings of responsibility fuel much relationship conflict. We help each partner in a relationship take full responsibility for any issue, especially if the issue looks like it belongs only to one person.
- We believe that the central issue people face is expanding their capacity to give and receive love and to handle greater levels of unity and intimacy in their relationships and lives.
- We balance cognitive techniques with powerful body-centered techniques that draw on the organic wisdom of the body. For example, in a couple’s coaching session or a corporate consultation, we make use of movement, conscious breathing and other tools that focus people on the natural healing capacity of their body processes. We have developed a transformational model that provides a flexible, yet comprehensive structure based in whole-body learning and collaboration.
- We are very interested in concepts and techniques that emphasize unity instead of difference. Many currently popular approaches focus on the differences between people. While this may be useful at a certain point in evolution, we are very interested in laying the groundwork for the next stage of evolution, which we believe involves the fundamental unity at the base of all creation, people included. To this end, our techniques are focused on helping people reveal their own essence–who they really are at the spiritual depths of themselves–and to perceive the essences of other people.
- We focus on specific actions over which you have control. Examples: You can’t control whether someone likes you, but you can control whether you pick up the phone and call them to talk to them about your feelings. You can’t control when you’re going to feel scared or anxious, but you can control whether you take a slow, deep breath.
- We are interested in ongoing innovation. We encourage our students and coaches to incorporate our materials freely and to continue to create dynamic applications that contribute to their own growth and professional development.
- We don’t belong to traditional coaching organizations, primarily because their mind-centric approaches are too intellectual to reach the deeper level we’re interested in exploring through our body-mind work. In addition, we’ve had experience with numerous bureaucracies and have found them all too limiting.
Transformational Coaching is based on the work of Gay & Kathlyn Hendricks. Hendricks.com
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom."
-- Viktor E. Frankl
-- Viktor E. Frankl